So much of what we say about ourselves is negative. Positive self-love affirmations allow us to choose words that help create or eliminate something in our lives, such as creating success or confidence or healthy relationships and eliminating low self-esteem, destructive behaviors, and even pain.
Affirmations help us retrain our thinking and speaking into positive patterns so we can truly transform our lives. We can get more of what we want and less of what we don’t.
But be careful because everything we say is an affirmation. Every thought, every sentence is just confirming what we want in life.
So, if you say, “I’m so happy and grateful now that I lost 20 pounds,” one minute, then say, “this won’t work,” the next minute, which one do you think will win out? The second one!
Negative thought patterns are so deeply ingrained in all of us, and it’s tough to break them. Practicing self-love affirmations is one way to break that cycle.
Positive affirmations for self-love aren’t selfish; it is key to living a happy, healthy life. That doesn’t make it easy. It takes time and practice to cultivate a positive relationship with yourself.
Affirmations are personal declarations that can be used to shift negative thinking to more positive and productive thoughts. I’ve assembled this collection of affirmations for self-love to help those looking to have a healthier relationship with themselves.
The steps to self-love include forgiving yourself and self-acceptance, so those are two areas I’ve focused on. The third category covers an area I know many women, including myself, struggle with: body image.
By providing a variety of positive affirmations for self-love, I hope you can find a few that really resonate with you. Use these in regular practice.
You can recite them in your head whenever those pesky negative self-thoughts come up. You can write them in a journal or on a sticky note someplace that you’ll see regularly.
Practice positive affirmations for self-love each morning and evening as part of your daily ritual. See if you notice a change in how you are feeling about yourself over time.
Positive affirmations for self love
Affirmations for self esteem
1.I am human.
2. Everybody messes up sometimes.
3. At least I tried.
4. I shouldn’t be so hard on myself.
5. I am learning from my mistakes.
6. I can let this go and move forward.
7. Beating myself up isn’t helpful.
8. I will keep trying.
9. It’s never too late to change.
10. My struggles are opportunities.
11. I choose to let go of the past.
12. My past does not determine my future.
13. I release myself from the weight of my regrets.
14. I revoke permission to punish myself for my mistakes.
15. I am growing wiser each day.
16. I accept my failures, but they don’t define me.
17. I am resilient.
18. I try my best, and that is all I can do.
19. I honor my life’s path.
20. My goal is progress, not perfection.
21. Success is defined by my willingness to keep going.
22. I commit to get out of my head and get into the world.
23. I am worthy of love, flaws, and all.
24. I accept all of me with love.
25. I deserve to be happy.
26. Like everyone, I have both strengths and weaknesses.
27. No one is perfect.
28. We are all works in progress.
29. I believe in myself.
30. I am enough.
31. I will treat myself with the kindness of a friend.
32. I am beautifully unique.
33. I love who I am.
34. I am not afraid of my feelings.
35. I am right where I need to be.
Affirmations for self-esteem
36. I shine like a diamond.
37. I won’t apologize for being me.
38. I have much to celebrate.
39. I trust in myself.
40. I feel all self-hatred melting away.
41. I am letting go of judgment and criticism.
42. I am a gift to the world.
43. I can deal with whatever comes my way.
44. I say goodbye to self-pity.
45. I shower myself with compassion.
46. I cherish my relationship with myself.
47. I am capable of achieving my goals.
48. I have a lot to offer.
49. I embrace positive thoughts.
50. I respect my limitations and am grateful for the capabilities that I have
Affirmations for self-worth
51. I am beautiful.
52. My body does not determine my worth.
53. Weight is just a number.
54. I love my body for all that it does for me.
55. I am at peace with my appearance.
56. My body is my friend.
57. My body does amazing things.
58. I release the negative thoughts about my body.
59. I am strong and healthy.
60. Confidence makes me powerful.
61. I nourish my body every day.
62. I am full of vitality.
63. My body deserves love.
64. Self-worth has nothing to do with clothing size.
65. I release all shame about my body.
66. I accept my body the way it is today.
67. I will not let my mind be a bully to my body.
68. I choose to stop obsessing about my body.
69. Hating my body won’t make me healthier.
70. There is more to life than worrying about what I look like.
71. I look exactly the way I’m supposed to.
72. My body is a gift.
73. I deserve to feel good in my skin.
74. Thighs, I thank you for taking me where I want to go.
75. Life does not begin at my goal weight; it is happening right now
Affirmations for self-worth
77. I am compassionate with others and myself.
78. I am a positive being, aware of my potential.
79. There are no blocks I cannot overcome.
80. I love to meet other people and make new friends.
81. I am my best source of motivation.
82. Challenges are opportunities to grow and improve.
83. I attract positive people into my life.
84. I make a difference by showing up every day and doing my best.
85. I am becoming a better version of myself one day at a time.
86. I am worthy of having what I want.
87. I am grateful for my journey and its lessons.
88. I accept compliments easily.
89. Everything is possible.
90. I am creative and open to new solutions.
91. I choose to embrace the mystery of life.
92. I already have what I need.
93. What I want is already here or on its way.
94. I appreciate all that I have.
95. I allow everything to be as it is.
96. I enjoy going with the flow.
97. The more I let go, the better I feel.
98. I live from a place of abundance.
99. I release anything that doesn’t serve me.
100. I believe in my abilities and express my true self with ease.
Practice saying these affirmations (or write them down) daily for 30 days. When you catch yourself in a negative thought process, consciously choose to say your affirmation out loud, or use your journal to document your thoughts
Which of these positive affirmations for self-love did you like the most? Let me know in the comments!